Pop quiz: which of the following most closely matches your opinion of December?
a. It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
b. It’s the most stressful time of the year.
c. It’s the best time of the year for cookies.
d. All of the above.
If you selected a), b), c), or d), you’re in luck! We have the perfect cookie recipe for relishing and relaxing at once. The holidays are a whirlwind of shopping, socializing, and spending time with friends and family, and while that’s all a ton of fun, it can leave anyone feeling a little drained as the season reaches its peak.
The solution? Bake up a batch of these classic sugar cookies infused with a healthy dose of cannabutter. They’re easy, festive, delicious, and perfect for delivering a relaxing body high at a busy time of year. Whether you bring a box to your next cannabis-friendly gathering or keep them at home to pair with a mug of cocoa by the fire, they’re guaranteed to please. Pro tip: use the fun and funny cannabis-inspired cookie cutters below so your friends know what kind of cookies they’re getting into!
Recipe for Cannabis-Infused Sugar Cookies
2 ½ C flour, plus more for rolling
1 C sugar
1 C cannabutter
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
Optional: Powdered sugar and milk, for frosting
*For less potent cookies, switch out any portion of the cannabutter and replace with standard butter as desired.
- Beat cannabutter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to cannabutter mixture a little at a time, stirring until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for an hour or longer.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough on a generously floured surface to approximately ⅓” thick. Cut cookies (see below for thematic cookie cutter suggestions) and transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.
To frost: Combine powdered sugar with milk and stir until desired consistency is reached, then add food coloring as desired. If you like, add a teaspoon or two of cannabutter to thicken the frosting and add an extra kick of potency.
Yield: Approximately 24 cookies.
Cannabis-Themed Cookie Cutters
The perfect way to shape your baked goods? Cannabis-inspired cookie cutters, of course. Check out a few of our favorites for inspiration: